Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15Ywt8ROo

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Well, OK...maybe not outside, although I hear snow is headed our way this weekend! Inside our house, however, we're buzzing with holiday cheer! The Christmas tree is coming out in the next few days, which is the big sign to the kids that Christmas is near. I've been busy buying Christmas presents the past week, which I love- if you know me at all, you know I adore any chance to shop- especially presents! I cannot wait to see the smiles on our kids faces this Christmas morning! I've also been designing Christmas cards, which has been fun, but it is now time to order!
In addition, I have been brainstorming ways we can give back this holiday season. We usually adopt a family for Christmas, but I think I want to do something a bit different this year. I thought it would be nice for our family to pick a night each week to work together preparing a nice hot meal to deliver to a family in the neighborhood of our church who could use a little love. We would cook together, deliver the meal together, and "be like Jesus" for these families who haven't been shown an abundance of kindness in their life.
I could use some more ideas, things that are unique yet fun for the kids- because it is my heart's desire to show them that #1, we have so much to be thankful for, and #2, it is our responsibility to give our two most prized things we can offer- our love and our time. Those are the things I've coveted most for myself, and I want my kids to learn a life of loving freely and giving their time freely.

I'm loving this season. May it be jolly and full of love.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment